To the staff of the jewel of the seas

 this trip has been enlightening to me

In more than one way

7 years  ago, the first time I was on a cruise, I was closer to the person who is expected to go on a cruise

And now I thought I was far from it

But perhaps not

I'm trying to find out. 

------

 There are things I wish I could tell you. 

There are things I wish I could ask you

And, despite "how many pounds of potatoes do you have to bring on this ship?" Still being the most pressing one

There are others

Thank you for all your service 

I like it that when we ask things about some rules

As in 

"Is it possible to order two main dishes instead of an appetizer and a main dish?" 

Your answer is always something to the effect of  "sure. You want two main dishes we give you two main dishes. You enjoy your vacation"

I love the accent this comes out in

I love reading your name tag and looking for the place you're from. 

Sometimes it's a country I didn't even know existed. But if we ask where it is

You tell us

And I want to believe you're happy we asked

I want to believe you're not offended by that

...

As I am now quarantined in my room

Alone 

And I have you delivering food to my door as if I was somehow sick

Uncapable of going two floors up to fetch it myself

I feel embarrassed 

I want to tell you

I'm sorry I'm making you bring me this food

I'm sorry we came on a cruise

It was not the brightest idea

And yet...

If we were not here...

Would you have other means of support?

Does your family depend on this? 

And if so... Should that make me less ashamed of having come...or more?

In any case.

Thank you for all your service.

We've had a good time

Quarantine and all...