I am the left shark

 I am haunted

by imaginary monsters

that I myself created


But who isn't?


I am haunted

because 

I don't belong here

I don't belong there


I am nearly 37 years old and I still don't belong anywhere

And I crave belonging

just as much as I did in grade school


I don't know team work

I don't know how to keep my mouth shut

I don't know how to not be myself


I am haunted by the plants I'm pretty sure I'll kill

I'm haunted by them because they're still alive

And

just like at work

I'm haunted by the feeling that I'm doing something wrong

and I don't know what it is

And nobody will tell me

And my app says what I need is more sun but there is no more sun

This is all the sun I've got


I'm all I've got

me and my ideas

me and my opinionated discourse


I guess I won't be the crazy plant lady after all

...

I guess I won't have the best job ever after all...