There are people who don't believe in having new year's resolutions. They say that if there's something you wanna do or stop doing you can do it anytime, you don't have to wait until January.
It's probably true.
But right now we're so close to New Year 2018 that it'd be silly to say "I'm gonna start right now, December 23rd". Maybe deep down I will as for what I'm about to write does not require me to actually do something but rather to stop doing it.
My resolution is to stop caring for my mother. About my mother. To stop visiting her. To stop... talking to her.
That's it. I'm done trying.
It makes me feel bad but every time she opens her mouth it's either to complain about her life or mine.
It's never to say she's happy for me.
Never she's proud.
Never anything.
All my life all I've done is disappoint her. And I've cared. I've tried not to, but it's impossible.
I give up.