Meet my new pet
I'm calling him
----------unemotional regret
It's not a goat
It's not a toad
It's just that feeling
----------down your throat
It's void, blank and empty
It's nothing and it's all
It's automatic
Semi-static
Self concious
and
Pristine
It's ecstatic
----------half the time
but at night
----------it always cries
Well, have I got no soul? He says
No. You changed it for control.
See, souls are way too unstable
Unreliable and brusque
We need a pet who's able
To gain everyone's trust
Something like
An eagle
------A donut
-------------or a car!
Something that in pictures
is impressive to the eye
Something that you touch
you slap or beat or knock
Something that's so real
that needs no questions asked
Meet my new pet
my deepest apprehension
forgetfulness of terror
The spirit of outrage
I need to feel
existance and frustration
I need to fear
silence condonation
I need to know
that I have a soul
I need some proof
that this is true
Meet my new pet
He's nearly dead
A few days should suffice
Then I'll put him on some ice
I'll shiver through
I'll feel all blue
I'll give my life for you